With constant notifications and shared posts, news publishers face increased pressure to get their content discovered and be in front of as many readers as possible.
To help news publishers who have already joined Bing webmaster community to efficiently deliver content to Microsoft Start users on Bing, News and Feed, we are launching the Bing News PubHub as part of the Bing Webmaster Tools.
With PubHub, publishers—big or small, international, or local—will be able to reach Bing users with fresh, relevant, and diverse content, helping them attract an influential audience and deliver improved results. In addition to the browser, Bing helps you get in front of millions of people using Windows 10/11 and Outlook through Outlook News Connector. News is also available inside the Bing search app on both iOS and Android. As a publisher, when you submit your content through the Bing Publisher Network, you are expanding your reach significantly, giving your stories and outlets even greater exposure.
Where to start?
If you are a news publisher, here is a simple overview of what you need to do.
- Login to Bing Webmaster Tool and verify your news website.
- Complete the details for Bing News PubHub.
- Post verification you will have access to the Bing Publisher Network.
What we look for
Bing News uses the following criteria to help evaluate the news websites:
- Newsworthiness – Reporting on timely events and topics that are interesting to the people using our services. Content that does not focus on reporting, such as how-to articles, job postings, advice columns, product promotions, is not considered newsworthy. Similarly, content that consists strictly of information without including original reporting or analysis, such as stock data and weather forecasts, is not considered newsworthy.
- Originality - This includes unique facts or points of view. Faced with numerous sources frequently reporting similar or identical content, originality or uniqueness becomes a critical way to determine the value to a user of an individual story.
- Authority –News sites with authority maintain the highest level of trust and respect from our users. Submissions must identify sources, authors, and attribution of all content.
- Readability –Content containing correct grammar and spelling and that keeps site design easy for people to navigate. Advertising should never interfere with the site experience.
However, if you still need further personal assistance, please contact us through our support channel and we will reach out to you.
Bing Webmaster Tools and Bing News Teams