Please see Mapping Software | Alternatives to MapPoint | Bing Maps (microsoft.com) for options now that MapPoint is no longer available
The North American version of Microsoft MapPoint 2013 has officially released! There are a bunch of new features and a full UX update. Check out the details from our Marketing team below. Or, if you know how awesome MapPoint is and just can’t wait to get a copy, buy one from the Microsoft Store.
Microsoft® MapPoint® gives you the power to visualize sales, competitor and customer data to make better business decisions. Create information-rich maps with your data to show important relationships, identify business trends, and illustrate opportunities. When on the road, get trip routing and turn-by-turn directions to easily plan better trips.
- New: Updated maps of the United States and Canada, new look and 2.5M points of interest
- New: Hotel and restaurant reviews and ratings
- Demographic Data: Combine business data with demographics to find and target potential customers, and focus your business decisions
- Integration: Insert maps into the work you do in Microsoft Office
- GPS Ready: Create routes and share to your navigation devices1
- Create Sales Territories: Share performance maps to clearly visualize, analyze, and communicate performance
- Customize Map Settings: Choose whether cities, highways, local roads and parks show on your map
- Pushpin Images: Includes those from previous versions of MapPoint
- Programming: Build custom solutions and Office add-ins
MapPoint helps you streamline your travel:
- Arrive on time. Detailed directions—voice and text-prompted—make it easy to follow your route.
- Optimize your trip. Quickly calculate mileage, drive time, and expenses in advance.
- Navigate with ease. Plan your trip on your PC and then print, or share your route to your navigation devices.
MapPoint makes it easy to use maps in combination with your Microsoft Office documents:
- Seamlessly integrate maps into the work you do in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Office.
- Tell a story, visually. Insert maps into Word documents and PowerPoint presentations to illustrate everything from sales performance and customer locations to new business opportunities.
- Tap into existing data sources. Create maps from data stored in current versions of Office Excel, Office Access, Microsoft SQL Server, or other database sources.
- Extend your business. Take advantage of the extensible MapPoint object model to build custom business solutions such as fleet tracking and business intelligence.
This product is jam-packed full of business intelligence tools and includes the ability to easily visualize data sets, plus navigate your way around town….offline. If you’re thinking, “CP, this is the Bing Maps Blog. Why are you writing about MapPoint?” Well, my team overseas MapPoint, Streets and Trips and AutoRoute as well. So, yeah, I care! You can download a trial of MapPoint 2013 from the Microsoft Download Center; or, better yet, just go ahead and buy yourself a copy from the Microsoft Store website.