Each week Bing Predicts picks the winners of every professional football game. Every Wednesday, for the rest of the season, we’ll update our prior week’s results, share our upcoming week’s predictions on Bing and provide insights into how we make our picks.
Week 6 Predictions:
For Week 6, the Bing Predicts models show that most of the undefeated teams will maintain their status with Atlanta, Cincinnati, Denver, Green Bay and New England expected to win. However, Seattle will put an end to Carolina’s undefeated season as they continue to be the dominant force between these two teams. Head-to-head, Seattle has been 5-0 since the 2010 season, including a 31-17 playoff win in Seattle last year after 3 straight road wins in the 2012, 2013 and 2014 regular seasons.
Here’s the breakdown for the other 8 games:
- Arizona travels three time zones again to win in Pittsburgh as the latter is coming off of a short week, returning from a Monday night game in San Diego.
- Baltimore wins a rematch of the big game three seasons ago, beating San Francisco in a game between two 1-4 teams, neither of which resembles the finalists from February 2013.
- Detroit will become the last team to secure a win when they beat division rival Chicago.
- Houston has beaten Jacksonville 7 of the last 9 times including a season sweep last year. The extra rest from having the prior Thursday night game will also help them.
- Minnesota will prevail at home against an unfamiliar foe in Kansas City, a team they last played more than 4 years ago (10/2/2011).
- New York comes back from a week off to beat visiting Washington.
- Philadelphia builds on the 29-point 2nd half from Sunday with another win against division rival New York.
- Tennessee, recovering from back-to-back home losses which totaled a mere 3 points, beats Miami at home.
Week 5 Results:
Bing Predicts was 10-4 in Week 5, starting the week strongly with an Indianapolis upset in the Thursday night game. Sunday also turned out reasonably well (9-3). Of the four incorrect picks, two games were decided by one point each (Kansas City and Tennessee), one lost in overtime (Baltimore), and the fourth was decided on the final play of the weekend (San Diego). The 10-4 record from Week 5 brings Bing Predicts to 48-29 for the season.
– Walter Sun, Bing Predicts Team Lead