It’s been a little over 9 months since Bing launched back in June 09. In interweb years, that puts us at about 15, a raging teenager. And do we have a crush on big bad Texas. Dallas, you sure are a darling. But OMG OMG Austin WE LOVE YOU too!!!
As such (in our usual calm, collected voice), the Bing team is excitedly packing for Austin to join in the annual tech pilgrimage that’s SXSW Interactive. Our mission is simple – connect with you the community.
We want to chat you up all you cool interesting people doing cool interesting things, get the scoop from you on all the bubbling tech hotness, and maybe even drop a Milli Vanilli number with you (you will be Milli) at TechKaraoke. Where it’s at is where we’ll be at. But come to us too! Bing is hosting a number of cool & fun experiences throughout Interactive. Here’s a snapshot of Bing activities.
- 3/12 Friday 7-9PM: TechSet Party (with Bing Photo for Good) at Speakeasy (412 Congress Avenue)
- 3/13 Sat 4-7PM: Bing sponsored TWiST party (“This Week in Startup” the internet show hosted by Jason Calacanis of Mahalo)
- 3/14 Sun 9:30AM: Bing sponsored session on “Augmenting Maps with Reality” (Moderator – Chris Pendleton from Bing Maps; Panelists – Flickr, Twitter, Foursquare, NAVTEQ)
- 3/14 Sun 4-7PM: Bing Tweetup in Blogger’s Lounge (located in Austin Convention Center Room 19A)
- 3/16 Tue 12:30-1:30PM: Deep Focus sponsored session “Microsoft Bing: Behind the Scenes of The Decision Engine” (Aaron Lilly, Microsoft, Lynn Girotto, Bing/Microsoft; Stefan Weitz, Bing/Microsoft; Ian Schafer, Deep Focus)
- Bing Photo for Good (located in Blogger’s Lounge in Austin Convention Center Room 19A. Open Sat – Tue 9:30AM-6PM): Everybody’s searching for something. Share your query and Bing will help make a difference in a child’s life. Bing will donate towards “Save the Children” efforts on behalf of children in Haiti.
- Bing and Windows Phones are partnering with Check-inforCharity who will donate to “Save the Children” when you check in at the 25 check-in locations across Austin.
- Bing Demo Booth in SXSW Trade Show Hall (Sat 12AM-6PM; Sun 12-6 PM; Mon 12-4 PM): Grab a plateful of Bing demo with a side of sweet swag.
Also, be sure to catch out friends at Foursquare who will be joining us at the Demo Booth and Bing Photo for Good to hand out killer stickers.
See you there!
Aya Zook, Product Manager, Bing