Time is of the essence when it comes to holiday shopping and each year my “to buy for” list keeps getting longer and longer…one thing that could help me is a little extra holiday spending money. Luckily, starting Friday the Bing cashback team will be hosting the Bing cashback Holiday Trivia sweepstakes from the @bingcashback twitter handle where you can enter to win some serious spending money!
For twelve days Bing cashback will post a question via twitter that you will have one hour to search the internet for the right answer. All you need to do is tweet your answer to @bingcashback and include #Bingholiday for the chance to win a $250 Master Card cash card. On the twelfth day you can play for a chance to win a $500 Master Card cash card.*
So if you are one of those trivia types and could use some extra cash this holiday season follow the Bing cashback team on twitter and facebook starting Friday, November 27 through December 8, 2009.
Don’t forget…the Bing cashback holiday Gold Rush starts Friday as well!
Good luck and happy holiday shopping,
Kristin Meldahl – Bing
*No purchase necessary. Open only to legal residents of the 50 US and DC 18+.
Other posts of interest:
Mark your calendars…A Gold Rush is coming
Making a List and Checking it Twice
MICROSOFT BING CASHBACK HOLIDAY TRIVIA SWEEPSTAKES
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Microsoft Bing cashback Holiday Trivia Sweepstakes promotion will operate (“Sweepstakes”).
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of this Sweepstakes. “You” refers to an eligible Sweepstakes entrant.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstakes starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on Nov. 27, 2009, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on Dec. 8, 2009 (“Entry Period”) and consists of 12 separate Daily Prize Periods. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, each Daily Prize Period will start at 12:01 a.m. PT and end at 11:59 p.m. PT.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
· You are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, and are 18 years of age or older; and
· You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
· You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes; and
· You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is void outside the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
At one randomly determined time during each Daily Prize Period, a Bing cashback related question will be posted via the Bing Cashback Twitter feed @bingcashback. To submit an eligible entry, you must respond via a “tweet” with the correct answer within 60 minutes from when the question was posted. All answers may be found by searching online at http://www.bing.com/shopping
The tweet should include the following three elements: “#Bingholiday” “@bingcashback” and “[correct answer here]”
We will only accept one (1) entry per person per Daily Prize Period. Non-winning entries will not be rolled over into subsequent Daily Prize Periods; you must enter each drawing separately.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
· Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
· Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
Following the end of each Daily Prize Period one (1) winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received to win a prize as follows:
Daily Prize (Day 1 – 11): A $250 Master Card cash card
Grand Prize (Day 12): A $500 Master Card cash card.
Limit one prize per person during the Entry Period. The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes: $3,250
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a direct message to you via Twitter to request your e-mail address, phone number, and mailing address (if any) within seven (7) days following winner selection. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award to a runner-up.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the Twitter handle used to enter the Sweepstakes. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select a runner-up.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Sweepstakes:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
- You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we may award it to a runner up; and
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
- If you are otherwise eligible for this Sweepstakes, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
- Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
By entering this Sweepstakes you agree:
· To abide by these Official Rules; and
· To release and hold harmless Microsoft and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prize won; and
· That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Sweepstakes; and
· That, by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes.
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Sweepstakes.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Sweepstakes, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHO WON?
We will post the names of winners who received a prize worth $25.00 or more online at http://www.bing.com/community/blogs/search/. This list will remain posted one month after Dec. 8, 2009.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS SWEEPSTAKESSWEEPSTAKES?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052