The latest publication of Bird’s Eye includes 215 TB of new data that spans across the United States and features certain areas in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Tokyo. The total coverage of this publication is 230,004 square kilometers and consists of over 1.1 million files!
Refreshed Areas with New Bird’s Eye
This oblique perspective of the world is a special feature of Bing Maps, and we are proud to announce Bird’s Eye has a total of 1,388,593 square kilometers of imagery.
That’s a total of 302 TB of data!
New and Total Bird’s Eye Coverage
The detail map above displays the total coverage of Bird’s Eye imagery that is live on Bing Maps!
ADDITIONAL HIGHLIGHTS OF THE RELEASE:
- Padre Island, Nueces County, Texas
- Little Spokane River, Washington
- Crystal Cove State Park, Newport Beach, California
- Orange County Airport, California
- Clearwater Harbor, Florida
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport, Dallas, Texas
The Bird’s Eye map mode is composed of three data types:
- Native Bird’s Eye scenes are the original oblique aerial photos that are accessed individually at the highest zoom levels. This imagery captured at a 45 degree angled perspective provides incredible detail, particularly of buildings and landmarks.
- Bird’s Eye Oblique Mosaics are original oblique aerial photos that have been merged together to form a seamless image layer.
- Oblique projected aerial is comprised of nadir (or top-down) photography projected onto a digital terrain model at a 45 degree angle to provide topological depth perception where Bird’s Eye data is not available.
Learn more about a Bird’s Eye view by clicking here.
BREAKDOWN OF THIS RELEASE:
84,451 square kilometers of the total release is brand new Bird’s Eye Oblique Mosaic. These are areas that, prior to this release, original Bird’s Eye imagery was not available to end users. The remaining 145,553 square kilometers of the total release includes “refreshed” Bird’s Eye, that is, new Oblique Mosaics replacing older Bird’s Eye layers.
More captivating views in Bird’s Eye…
Ontario, Canada and New York, U.S.A.
Isola di Dino
- The Bing Maps Team