Since February, our team of ninja developers and designers have been working relentlessly to offer a new and enhanced user experience to our users. Today, we are pleased to announce the full release of our new Bing Webmaster Tools
Our new Bing Webmaster Tools is built with key principles of - keeping the design Cleaner and Responsive with Faster and more Actionable tools. Keeping the need of users in mind, the portal has responsive design which provides the flexibility to the user to access it across devices.
We strived to make the new portal exciting for our users not only by improving the performance of the tools but also by full redesigning the user experience to make it more user friendly and intuitive. For instance, when our old Bing Webmaster Tools had 47 navigation links, our new site has only 17 as we bundle many features together making it easier to navigate to get the information you need to maximize your search results at Bing and elsewhere.
We have not only redirected our customers from the old tools to the new ones, we have also enhanced them and enabled new tools. As an overview:
- Backlinks lists backlinks for any site, including similar sites.
- Keywords research allows to filter by countries, languages, and devices.
- URL submission offers easy to navigate user flow with metrics and history. We have also ease URL submission via our WordPress plugin allowing to get your content indexed automatically and quickly by just installing this plugin.
- SEO reports offers an improved classification of issues.
- Adding and verifying a site offers a smoother experience for your site, Google Search Console or via Domain Connect.
- URL inspection is an exciting BETA feature allowing to inspect Bing indexed version of your URLs allowing to detect potential indexing issues due to crawl or not following Bing Webmaster guidelines.
- Site Scan is an on-demand site audit tool which crawls your site and checks for common technical SEO issues allowing to improve your website performance at Bing and other search engines as well.
- Robots.txt tester allows to check your robots.txt file using the same parser we use in production and verify that your URLs are allowed or disallowed as you want.
The Bing Webmaster APIs
continue as-is, so users using them to get their data programmatically do not have to make any changes.
We are not done. Now that we have migrated to this new improved platform and experience, we will be enhancing tools listening to your feedback and shipping new salient features including a refreshed version Index Explorer this summer. Also, we urge you to reach out to us and share feedback on Twitter
, let us know how you feel about the new Bing Webmaster Tools as we are here to help you. If you encounter any issues, please contact our support team
The Bing Webmaster Tools team