Fanfare please! We’re happy to announce a series of new features for our Bing GetMeThere app, for Windows Phone.
GetMeThere is now the only app to make use of Bing maps and London Underground, District Light Rail (DLR), London Buses and Overground live updates together in one place. It’s also the only London journey planning app that provides a ‘Get me Home’ button, which can be pinned to your start page for quick access.
The new features see DLR, London Buses and Overground data added to the London journey planning app. It also means users will now be able to pin their favourite journeys to their start screen to view live travel updates with ease.
For any tourist, traveling through London can be daunting especially when there’s no train or bus station in sight. Even if you’re a seasoned commuter and there’s a service interruption, it’s great to have that re-assurance in your pocket to know you’re heading in the right direction.
From door-to-door, GetMeThere can help throughout the whole journey by locating the nearest stations and bus stops to walk to and best travel routes to use avoiding any delays or un-expected changes.
· Plan journeys using Bing maps and the London Underground, Overground, DLR and Bus networks
· Full tube maps and live service updates
· Full DLR and live service updates
· Full Overground and live service updates
· Station open/close times
· Nearest tube, train and bus stations (with map and walking directions)
· Set up favourite journeys with ‘live tile’ alerts on your home screen
· Weekend service updates
· Offline access to tube maps (great for when you are on the tube)
· Pin favourite journeys to start page
· Get me Home which can be pinned to the start page
· Live travel updates viewable from the start page
The GetMeThere app can be downloaded for free from the Windows Phone Marketplace. Those already with the app can access the upgrades also via Marketplace.
Let us know what you think!