To celebrate Dizzee Rascal’s curation of Bing’s homepage to launch its www.your-britain.com national photography competition we are giving away exclusive prints signed by Dizzee. The images show the different places around Britain that have inspired Dizzee on his personal journey into making the music we love today.
For your chance to win, simply tweet the name of your favourite photographer before Thursday 30 June with the hashtag #YourBritain. For more information visit http://www.facebook.com/BingUK
If you feel inspired by Dizzee’s collection and want to enter the Your Britain competition with your photography of Britain, please go to www.your-britain.com where you can also win £10,000 and have your image displayed on the BING’s home page to over 16 million people. The competition closes tonight at midnight, so hurry!
Here is Dizzee Rascal’s story behind each of the images that could soon be hanging on your wall at home.
Stratford Rex, Stratford, East London
“My shot of the Stratford Rex in London means a lot to me. It’s a music venue that I used to perform at when hardly anyone even knew what grime was! It’s where I learnt my skill, getting inspiration from those around me. The mad thing is, I don’t think I even realised the power of the place in my life until afterwards when I really thought about it.”
Olympics Stadium, Stratford, East London
“All of the images I took are of places that are special to me. One of the images I took that particularly stands out to me is of the Olympic Stadium in East London. From the site itself I could see my old estate where I grew up so I have a big connection to the place and the stadium is actually built where I used to perform on a pirate radio station so there’s a lot of history there for me. The Olympics is also a big inspiration for younger British kids to strive for more. I hope that I can inspire others with my pictures to enter the competition. If they win it really could change their lives – who knows, maybe we’ll discover the next Ben Drury or David Bailey!”
Carp Lake, Dorset, Surrey
“It’s no secret that I’ve rapped about the streets in a lot of my records but what a lot of people don’t know is that I’ve got a big appreciation for nature too. There’s a really scenic Carp Lake in Surrey that I’ve fished at quite a few times. It helps me unwind and keep focused – and I imagine the winner gets a similar feeling from this place too. A brilliant picture.”
D&L Barbers, Islington, London
“Britain’s a beautiful place; I take inspiration from it every day. I can be in my local barbers and I can be chatting to my mate and he might tell me be gassing about what happened to him the night before. Right away I can take inspiration from that and work it into a lyric.”
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions: “Win a framed picture taken and signed by Dizzee Rascal”
1. ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to any person resident in the UK (including Northern Ireland) who is eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and who is a registered user of the website http://www.twitter.com (the “Website“) and is ‘following’ @ukbing on Twitter. Employees of Microsoft Limited or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouses and life partners).
You promise that your entry is original, has not been copied from others, and does not violate the privacy, intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity.
You may only submit one (1) entry and only one (1) entry per person will be accepted. If you enter the promotion using multiple accounts on the Website then only your first submission will count. No purchase is necessary to enter the promotion. As an alternative, you can enter the free prize draw by sending your name and address which must be received by the last day of the prize draw on a postcard to Dizzee Rascal Photo Competition,3 Monkeys Communications Ltd / The Lightbox / 127-133 Charing Cross Road / London / WC2H 0EW. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING: Entries may be submitted from 17.00:00 p.m. GMT on 24 June 2011 until 11.59:59 p.m. GMT on 30 June 2011 (inclusive) (the “Entry Period”).
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: Winners will be determined by a random prize draw conducted by a representative of Microsoft on 1 July,and will be supervised by an independent adjudicator. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. The winners may be required to participate in further publicity or advertising. Microsoft will endeavour to contact the chosen winner via the Website within 5 days of the competition closing date. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, through no fault of Microsoft, within TEN (10) days after the first attempt, an alternative winner will be selected at random.The winners may be asked to provide identification proving their eligibility before they are entitled to receive the prize.
5. GROUNDS FOR AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION: Microsoft will automatically disqualify any entrant who: (i) makes an entry which is incomplete or illegible, (ii) in excess of the entry limit described above; or (ii) who does not comply with these Terms & Conditions.
6. PRIZE: There will be twenty five (25) signed and framed photographs by Dizzee Rascal himself as the prize. Twenty five selected winners will receive one (1) picture each. Prize is as stated and is not transferable. No cash alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. The prizes will be posted to the winners by Microsoft, no later than twenty eight (28) days after valid winners have been chosen by Microsoft. If you accept a prize you will be liable for all applicable taxes relating to the prize.
7. WINNER LIST: The winners will be required to supply his/her name and postal address to Microsoft for the purpose of prize fulfilment. The winners consent to his/her surname being made publicly available. The winners name will be available upon request for a period of twenty eight (28) days after the Closing Date by written request to email@example.com
8. OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this promotion or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.
If any provision or part of these terms is deemed void or otherwise unenforceable in law then that provision or part shall be deemed excluded and the remainder of these Terms shall remain in force.
9. GOVERNING LAW: These terms, the conduct of this promotion and the interpretation and enforcement of these terms and conditions shall be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, unless you are a Scottish resident or resident in Northern Ireland, in which case you may choose the law of your own country of residence. Entrants irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales, unless they are a Scottish resident or a resident of Northern Ireland, in which case they may choose the courts of their place of residence.
10. SPIRIT OF THE COMPETITION: If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this promotion by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future promotions, so please play fairly.
11. LIABILITY FOR THIRD PARTIES. Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damages or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.
Promoter: Microsoft Limited, Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1WG, England. Please direct any queries or complaints about this promotion to: firstname.lastname@example.org