It’s been a super busy week for the Bing team as we have been working on getting a really exciting feature out for the UK market. We’re very proud to be teaming up with Sport Relief to help raise money for vulnerable and disadvantaged people both here in the UK and in some of the world’s poorest countries.
Until the end of March, Bing will be counting searches to raise money for Sport Relief, because for every 10 qualifying searches made 5p will be donated to help change the lives of poor and vulnerable people around the world.
Join us and make a difference by following these 3 easy steps:
1. Visit GiveWithBing.com and download the Official Sport Relief Bing Counter and register. Once downloaded, the Sport Relief counter will count all the searches you do on Bing from that point on.
2. Invite your friends, family, colleagues or classmates to join in the fundraising with you and also sign up at GiveWithBing.com – the more people who search with you, the more money you raise. Users can also register a school so get the kids signed up and searching!
3. Search on Bing and watch how your searches turn into life-changing cash for charity, with every 10 searches equalling 5p for Sport Relief. You can check your progress by visiting your individual page.
After a few days you could already be making a difference:
- 75p can help to save the life of a child in Uganda who has severe Malaria. It can pay for the vital drugs that will keep them alive.
- £1 pays for a volunteer to visit a vulnerable older person in the UK and help them feel less alone.
- £6 could provide an eight-year-old child living on the streets in Bangladesh with all the text books they need for an entire school year.
- £10 could pay for a young person with an eating disorder in the UK to talk to a support worker.
We are determined to get the message out. Sign up today and make a real difference!