With the 2016 Academy Awards® less than two weeks away, the Bing team debuts a new and exciting experience with everything you need to fully prepare yourself for the biggest night in Hollywood. As the most-searched awards show among Bing users, we know many of you are on the hunt for the list of nominees, red carpet fashion, top trending moments, winners and more. To help you find the content you care about, plus some fun surprises, we’ve created Bing’s Guide to the Academy Awards.
You can access Bing’s Guide to the Academy Awards here, and make sure to keep coming back as we continue to refresh the content before, during, and after the show. (Hint: An exciting addition will be unveiled this Monday, February 22!)
Here’s what you can expect from Bing’s Guide to the Academy Awards.
Prep for the Big Show
Get ready for this year’s ceremony while also re-living some great moments from the past.
- Nominees and Predictions – Will this finally be the year Leonardo DiCaprio takes home a little gold man? According to Bing Predicts it is, and last year our predictions were 84 percent accurate across all categories, and 100 percent in the top six. Go to the Guide to see the full list of nominees and Bing predictions for all 24 Oscar categories. And while you’re searching the categories, look for movie trailers and options for viewing the movies (i.e. showtimes, Microsoft Movies).
- Past Red Carpet Fashion – See what your favorite celebrities donned in years past as you await the 2016 red carpet moments.
- Highlights from Past Oscars – Remember when Adrien Brody locked lips with Halle Berry upon accepting his Oscar? Or when JLaw gracefully saved herself from face planting on her way to accept her Oscar? These are what make the show come to life.
- Printable Ballot – Need a little friendly competition for your Oscars party, or do you simply want to go head-to-head with Bing Predicts? We have a printable ballot that makes it easy to follow along as winners are announced.
- Quiz – If you’re a fan of the Academy Awards like we are, now’s your chance to prove it. Take the pre-show quiz to see how much historical information you really know.
Roll out the Red Carpet
The show kicks off as soon as celebs arrive on the red carpet. To keep up with the celebrity entrances and the ceremony, our Guide to the Academy Awards includes updates throughout the night. Shortly after the curtain closes, we’ll gather the highlights from the night so you can discuss with friends and co-workers Monday morning. So check back regularly to see what’s new.
- Complete List of Winners – We will update each category to show the winner information as soon as it’s revealed, and once the show ends, we’ll have the full list of winners so you can easily tally up your ballot and see how you did.
- Red Carpet Fashion – Check out the glitz and glamor from the 2016 red carpet. There’s sure to be a lot of hits and some potential misses.
- Show Highlights – We’ll capture the most memorable moments of the night, giving you a nice recap if you head to bed early or thought it was so good you had to see it again.
- News Updates – Leading up to, during and after the show, find Academy Award-related news updates on Bing, so you’re always in the know.
If you’re using Windows 10 you can tap Cortana for some show insights. Just ask her ‘Who will win the Oscar for best picture?’ ‘Give me an Oscar fact’ and ‘What is your favorite movie?’ to see what she has to say.
Finally, for some additional fun, go to @Bing this Friday, February 19, for a chance to win the actual canteen used by actor Forrest Goodluck who played Hawk in the Oscar nominated movie, The Revenant.
We’ve taken a fresh look at the Academy Awards this year, so let us know what you think, or if you have ideas for next year, by visiting Bing Listens.
Thanks, and enjoy the show!
– Anthony Tran, Product Lead for Bing Entertainment
“OSCAR®,” “OSCARS®,” “ACADEMY AWARD®,” and “ACADEMY AWARDS®,” are trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.