This week, our models predict Carolina to get one step closer to an unbeaten season, improving to 15-0 by beating Atlanta on the road, who they earlier beat 38-0 at home. In the battles for a first round bye, we expect Denver to get back to winning ways against Cincinnati, and Arizona to get the better of Green Bay at home. In one of the marquee games of the week, Philadelphia gets a crucial win over Washington in the race for their division. Our models expect Oakland to win against San Diego on Thursday night.
Here are the predictions for the rest of the Week 16 games:
- Buffalo, though eliminated from the playoffs, keeps their chances of ending the season at 0.500 alive with a win over Dallas.
- Detroit snaps their 9 game losing streak to San Francisco by beating them at home.
- Houston gets closer to winning their division against a Tennessee team playing without their starting QB.
- Indianapolis stays relevant in the playoff race by beating Miami on the road, a place where they’ve won their last 2 games.
- Kansas City makes it 9 wins in a row, managing to beat a struggling Cleveland team.
- Minnesota builds on their impressive win in Week 15, and clinches a playoff spot with a win over New York.
- New England edges out New York on the road, in a crucial game for the home team.
- New Orleans ends Jacksonville’s slim playoff chances with a win at home.
- Pittsburgh avenges a home defeat earlier in the season to their divisional rivals, Baltimore.
- Seattle wins against a St. Louis team at home, whose last win in Seattle came over 10 years ago.
- Tampa Bay follows up a tough loss in Week 15, with a win over Chicago, who they’ve beaten only once in the last 5 attempts.
Week 15 Results:
Bing Predicts was 11-5 in Week 15, correctly picking Carolina to continue their unbeaten run against New York and Pittsburgh to win one of the marquee games of the week against Denver. Among the misses were Tampa Bay’s loss to St. Louis, and Houston getting a crucial win over their divisional rivals, Indianapolis. Upsets by Atlanta, Washington and Detroit were the other misses. This brings Bing Predicts to 142-82 for the year.
With 2 weeks remaining in the regular season, Seattle guaranteed itself a playoff spot with a win at home over Cleveland, while Arizona clinched the division following its win over Philadelphia on Sunday night. Atlanta brought an end to their 6 game losing streak and managed to stop Minnesota from clinching the final playoff spot.
In the other conference, a first round bye is still up for grabs, as only New England has managed to clinch a Top 2 spot. Cincinnati managed to clinch a playoff spot, but have not yet secured their division, following Pittsburgh’s come from behind victory against Denver. Kansas City became the first team to follow a 5 game losing streak with an 8 game winning streak, and are only 1 game behind the division leader, Denver.
– Mayank Shrivastava, Bing Predicts Team