Week 13 Results:
Bing Predicts was 10-6 in Week 13, with key correct picks including Kansas City’s road win over Oakland and Tampa Bay pulling even at 6-6 with their win over Atlanta. Our models started the week correctly taking Green Bay and we were certainly surprised at how they accomplished the victory. On the flip side, surprising missed kicks led to outcomes in the opposite direction of our models for both the Chicago/San Francisco and Jacksonville/Tennessee games.
Each week Bing Predicts picks the winners of every professional football game. By every Tuesday, for the rest of the season, we’ll update our prior week’s results, share our upcoming week’s predictions on Bing and provide insights into how we make our picks.
With four games remaining, the stakes are higher for each of the teams in playoff contention. Arizona starts the week with a Thursday night win over Minnesota, keeping them on track for a first round playoff bye. Carolina continues their perfeh3ct run with another win over struggling Atlanta, losers of the last five and 6 of their last 7 games after starting 5-0. In the other conference, Denver, Cincinnati, and New England will keep pace with each other with wins, bringing each to 11-2. The week ends on Monday with New York keeping their divisional title hopes alone with a win over Miami.
Here are the predictions for the rest of Week 14 games:
- Buffalo, playing Philadelphia for the first time since 2011, wins and stays in the hunt for a wild card.
- Chicago, a surprising 1-5 at home this year, wins at home against a Washington team who is even worse as a road team this year at 0-5.
- Cleveland, losers of six straight, reverse their fortunes against San Francisco.
- Detroit, using extra rest to forget about the events of last Thursday, wins a close game at Saint Louis.
- Green Bay takes sole possession of their division again with a win over Dallas.
- Kansas City continues their turnaround in winning their 7th straight against San Diego.
- Indianapolis continues their mastery of their division by notching their 17th straight in-division victory over Jacksonville. Their league record win streak dates back into 2012.
- New York keeps their wild card playoff hopes alive with a win over Tennessee.
- Seattle continues their seemingly annual end-of-season resurgence with a win at Baltimore
- Tampa Bay reaches a winning record for the first time this season (7-6) after beating New Orleans.
Since the pre-season, we’ve continuously published the predicted playoff positioning for the league. With four weeks remaining, Carolina is the only team to guarantee a playoff position, but they have greater sights for a 16-0 season, which we think they will achieve. Arizona should join them as the other conference team with a bye. In the other conference, New England and Denver are currently predicted to secure first round byes although Cincinnati is a close 3rd. Two Week 17 games will play a big role in playoff positions where we predict Green Bay will beat Minnesota to sweep the season series to secure the 3 seed while Arizona, with their 2nd seed secured, may play with less urgency as Seattle wins in Phoenix to secure a wild card spot.
– Walter Sun, Bing Predicts Team Lead