Each week Bing Predicts picks the winners of every professional football game. By every Wednesday, for the rest of the season, we’ll update our prior week’s results, share our upcoming week’s predictions on Bing and provide insights into how we make our picks.
Week 8 Results:
Bing Predicts went 13-1 in Week 8, missing only an overtime upset loss suffered by Atlanta. The victories included a 3-0 record on upset picks, as we correctly predicted the following:
- Denver, whose defense kept Green Bay until 100 yards passing
- Oakland, whose offense put up 34 points against a tough New York defense
- Minnesota, whose kicker provided the difference with a game ending field goal
Week 9 Predictions:
Week 9 starts with a Thursday night divisional match-up where we expect Cincinnati to remain undefeated with a win over Cleveland and it’ll end with San Diego getting back to winning ways at home as they have yet to win on the road. Here are Bing’s predictions for the 11 Sunday games scheduled for this weekend:
- Atlanta finds the best medicine for recovering from an upset loss is in playing and beating a struggling and running back-depleted San Francisco team.
- Buffalo wins a divisional rivalry game against Miami, sweeping the season series after winning on the road 41-14 in September.
- Carolina wins the Week 9 marquee game by slowing down Green Bay’s offense who has to go through a difficult back-to-back pair of road games.
- Denver beats an Indianapolis team still winless out of division.
- Minnesota stays in playoff position with another win over St Louis.
- New England completes a rare 3-game home stand by defeating Washington.
- New Orleans pushes their win streak to 4 with a home win against Tennessee.
- Both New York teams win. One returns home to beat Jacksonville, who hasn’t won on the road in nearly two years (12/1/2013 over Cleveland), while the other goes to Tampa to get a road win after scoring 49 in New Orleans and losing.
- Philadelphia, returning from a bye, reaches 4-4 with a win over Dallas in the Sunday night game.
- Pittsburgh welcomes back their QB but has to rely on a back-up RB in defeating Oakland.
For those football fans who also follow baseball, Bing Predicts picked winners for the pro baseball post-season, which we shared on social and on Bing.com. For the finals, we predicted Kansas City to win the series in 6 games, with New York winning two of its home games. However, thanks to dramatic late inning comebacks in the last two games, Kansas City won the championship in 5 games. Bing congratulates them for becoming the 2015 world champs.
–Walter Sun, Bing Predicts Team Lead