Each week, Bing Predicts chooses the winners of every professional football game. Every Tuesday for the rest of the season, we’ll update our prior week’s results, share our upcoming week’s predictions which are also available on Bing, and provide some rationale for making our picks.
Week 4 Predictions:
For Week 4, Bing Predicts has three upsets from their algorithm, highlighted by Dallas beating New Orleans. In a likely battle of back-up QBs, the models like Dallas to win yet again on the road – since the beginning of 2014, Dallas is only 5-5 at home but a perfect 9-0 on the road. We expect that trend to continue. We also have Pittsburgh over Baltimore in the Thursday night game. Both teams are missing key starters but we expect Pittsburgh’s strong ground game to keep Baltimore winless. Finally, we expect Miami to bounce back playing the Sunday opener in London against New York. Here’s the breakdown for the other 12 games:
- Atlanta stays undefeated at home, dropping Houston to 1-3
- Buffalo continues their productive offense (only one of 3 teams scoring 100 points in the first 3 weeks) against New York
- Carolina keeps track with Atlanta at 4-0 with yet another road win against Tampa
- Cincinnati stays undefeated against a road weary Kansas City team playing back-to-back road games on a short week after their Monday night game
- Indianapolis continues the momentum which finally started in the 4th quarter of last week and breaks the 4-way tie among 1-2 teams in division, beating Jacksonville
- Oakland grabs another win from another long road trip to the Midwest over injured-depleted Chicago
- Philadelphia, having lost their starting kicker, takes a tip from its Pennsylvania peer and tries some two-point conversions in the process of defeating Washington
Late games + Monday game
- Arizona continues its league-leading scoring offense against a tough St Louis defense
- Denver remains perfect with a win over visiting Minnesota
- Green Bay finds they can win road day games, too, after consecutive home night games; San Francisco gives up a lot of points again after giving up 90 points in the past two games
- San Diego, winless on the road, finds there’s no place like home, becoming 2-0 there after beating Cleveland
- Seattle defeats Detroit in the Monday night game similarly to how they hosted Detroit’s divisional rival Chicago the prior week
Week 3 Results:
After a surprising Week 2 where the favorites were only 50% victorious, Week 3 saw a return to the norm. During this week, Bing went 11-5 overall and 1-1 on even or upset picks, correctly picking Atlanta over Dallas on the strength of the former scoring 22 unanswered points in the 2nd half, while missing on Saint Louis over Pittsburgh despite the latter’s quarterback going down. For the season, Bing is now 30-18 and 4-3 on upset picks. Atlanta’s win brings them to 3-0 and keeps them in position to win their division as we predicted prior to the season’s start.
Week 3 Record: 11-5
Total Season Record: 30-18
Hope you enjoy the Week 4 match-ups!
-Walter Sun, Bing Predicts Team Lead