For programmers looking up API reference information is a critical part of their daily routine. Whether they’re looking for syntax, availability, support versions or guidelines, being able to quickly reference API information is essential to getting the job done.
At Bing we looked at ways to streamline the most common aspects of API documentation and serve results in a way that is most useful for programmers.
In the example below, you can see that we have surfaced relevant information directly on the results page so people don’t have to click through to MSDN to see if they have the right reference material. At a glance you can see:
1. Find the .Net versions supported.
2. View Code snippets explaining the syntax of this particular class.
3. Navigate to the appropriate version directly from the results page.
4. View syntax in the supported languages.
We hope these changes will let people spend more time writing code and less time searching.
– Shabbar Husain, Senior Program Manager, Bing