The holidays are a stressful time. Whether you’re preparing to host a big family dinner or trying to find the closest tree farm, Bing can help you spend less time worrying about the logistics and more time enjoying fun holiday activities with your friends and family.
That’s why we’ve pulled together a list of some of our favorite features and search tips to help you check those last-minute holiday “to-dos” off your list.
· Plan local activities. If you’re still searching for the perfect tree or just want to take your kids out for a sleigh ride, Bing can help you get there. Search: “Christmas tree farm near <your zipcode>” and voilà! You’re on your way.
· Attend holiday events. Have a favorite show you look forward to every winter? Whether it’s Disney On Ice or The Nutcracker, Bing helps you find the lowest priced tickets for the next performance, so you don’t have to spend time scouring the web for a good deal. Search: “Disney On Ice tickets.”
· Find food and drink recipes. Can’t remember how to make gingerbread cookies? Or need the ingredients for some holiday cocktails to help you make it through dinner with your in-laws? Bing will surface recipes and ratings right within search results so you can get right to baking! Search: “Gingerbread cookie recipe.”
· Find nearest shipping facility and hours of operation. Still need to mail some last-minute packages? Bing will help you find the nearest postal service and the hours it’s open, so you don’t have to stress about missing those shipping deadlines. Search: “Post Office (or FedEx/UPS) hours.”
· Track your packages. To help you keep track of all your holiday packages – both the gifts you’ve mailed to others and little treats you’ve ordered for yourself – Bing lets you type your tracking number directly into the search box so you can quickly check the progress.
· Check holiday store hours. Many stores change their hours around the holiday season, so as you’re finishing up your shopping, be sure to check Bing to see when your favorite stores are open. Search: “Best Buy hours.”
· Set a budget. Online shopping can be tough, especially around the holidays when there are so many tempting goodies and new gadgets available. So let Bing help you stay within your budget by setting spending limits on the items you’re shopping for. Search: “Women’s Nike shoes under $100.”
· Navigate the mall. Shopping malls are overwhelming at the best of times, so you’ll want to take extra precautions when braving the madness at this time of year. Rather than trying to fight through the crowds just to find the mall directory, consult with Bing Mall Maps right from your mobile phone to see a layout of all the stores. Search: “Washington Square Mall, Portland, OR,” and then click Mall Map.
· Check your flight status. Holiday travel means winter weather, which often translates to delayed flights and many unwanted hours camped out in the cramped airport seating area. Stay up-to-date with your flight status and those of your traveling loved ones by typing the flight number right into Bing.
· Find great flight deals. If you’re still in the midst of scheduling holiday travel or planning a tropical vacation in the new year, let Bing Travel help you find the best flight deals. Search: “Fly from NYC to PSP 12/21 through 12/28.”
· Check the roads and weather. Find the quickest route to your destination (with the least amount of traffic) by consulting Bing Maps on your phone while you’re on the go, or on your PC before you leave the house. Likewise, you can prepare for stormy weather by typing in the name of your destination or city and the latest forecast will populate right in the search box!
These are just a handful of our favorite features that help us navigate the holidays, and we hope these simple search tips and tricks will help make your life a little less stressful, and a little more fun. Happy holidays, everyone!
Which Bing feature is your favorite? What other features would you add to this list?
– The Bing Team