Boys Like Girls will be performing live at the Bing Lounge in Portland, Oregon on October 29th and we’ll be giving away an exclusive trip to one lucky Twitter follower + guest to attend this epic show.
On October 18th – 19th, we will ask our followers to retweet specific tweets from the @Bing handle to be entered into the sweepstakes (one entry per handle). We will randomly select one lucky winner from the followers who retweet the @Bing handle sweepstakes tweets during the following time period:
9 AM PT on October 18th, 2012 – 4 PM PT on October 19th, 2012
Let’s get to it! Be sure to retweet the sweeps and start spreading the word with your friends and followers!
It’s open to US residents 21+. For details on how the sweepstakes works, read the official rules below.
Best of luck,
The Bing Team
MICROSOFT BING “TRIP TO SEE BOYS LIKE GIRLS AT THE BING LOUNGE” SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Microsoft Bing “Trip to See Boys Like Girls at the Bing Lounge” Sweepstakes promotion will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Sweepstakes” throughout the rest of these rules.
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. “You” refers to an eligible Sweepstakes entrant.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstakes starts at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on October 18th, 2012, and ends at 4:00 p.m. PT on October 19th, 2012 (“Entry Period”). Entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible for the drawing.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you meet the following requirements at the time of entry:
- You are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, and are 21 years of age or older.
- You have NOT won a Bing sweepstakes or contest for the previous six (6) months since November 21, 2011.
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is void outside of the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
HOW DO I ENTER?
To enter, you must do all of the following:
- Sign in to your Twitter account. If you do not have an account, visit www.twitter.com to create one. Twitter accounts are free. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply.
- Once logged into your Twitter account, follow the links and instructions to become a follower of @Bing at http://twitter.com/bing.
- On the day of the Sweepstakes, an official tweet will be posted from the @Bing handle, prompting you to retweet. You have until the end of the Entry Period to retweet this tweet in order to be eligible to enter.
- You must remain a follower until at least October 30th, 2012 in order to be contacted if you are selected as a potential winner.
By retweeting the Sweepstakes tweet from @Bing, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit of one (1) entry per entrant or Twitter ID.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
- Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
- Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
- Any entry that contains profanity and/or is deemed defamatory.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. We will contact you only if you are the winner (pending verification of eligibility).
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
On or about October 22, 2012, we will randomly select one (1) winner, from among all eligible entries received during the above stated Entry Period, of the prize designated below.
A trip for winner and one (1) guest to Portland, Oregon to attendBoys Like Girls’ performance at The Bing Lounge scheduled for Monday, October 29(“event”). Trip includes:
- Round trip coach airfare from major airport closest to winner’s home to Portland, Oregon.
- Two (2) nights standard, double-occupancy hotel accommodations (one room/two people) checking-in on October 28, 2012 and checking-out on October 30, 2012.
- Transfers to/from Airport/Hotel.
- Admission for Two (2) to attend Boys Like Girls’ performance at the Bing Lounge on October 29 2012.
- One (1) $500 Visa® gift card for winner only
Winner and guest are responsible for providing all required travel documents, including, but not limited to any required photo identification etc. If winner lives within 100 miles of travel destination, Sponsor reserves the right to provide alternative transportation. Trip winner’s travel companion will be required to execute a Liability/Publicity Release prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel compassion must be 21 years if age or older.
If the event is cancelled for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner other than to provide the travel portion of the prize minus the opportunity to attend the event.
Actual prize value depends on date/time/destination, and difference between actual value and stated value will not be awarded. Any expenses not mentioned above are the winner’s responsibility.
Travel subject to availability and must be completed on dates specified by the Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Some restrictions may apply. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary. No cancellation of reservation or transfer of reservation to another date after reservation has been made.
The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of prize package: $4,000
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by Direct Message on Twitter to the account provided at time of entry within twenty-four (24) hours following the random drawing. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason within twenty-four (24) hours of the date and time notified, we may award the prize to an alternate, randomly selected winner, time allowing. If necessary, only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Winner will be required to provide an active email address in order to be contacted by Microsoft for eligibility verification and prize award fulfillment. We will only award one (1) prize.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the Twitter ID account used to enter the Sweepstakes. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form within five (5) days of notification. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, randomly selected winner.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Sweepstakes:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
- You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
- Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
WHAT ARE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING?
Your odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries we receive.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
By entering this Sweepstakes you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules; and
- To release and hold harmless Microsoft, Fun., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
- That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Sweepstakes; and
- That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE SWEEPSTAKES CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to randomly select a winner from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Sweepstakes.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Sweepstakes, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHO WON?
We will post the winner’s name online at www.bing.com/community for approximately 30 days following winner confirmation.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052