We’ve just entered the final week of our Bing Rewards $250,000 sweepstakes to help public schools. There’s still $50,000 in funds to be won and given away to add to the hundreds of teachers’ projects impacting thousands of students that have already been funded. We’ve sent notification to the fourth set of ten winners (pending confirmation of eligibility). If your name isn’t listed below, there is time before noon EST on Monday 10/15 to enter to win by searching Bing and earning credits with Bing Rewards
These lucky winners will get the opportunity to help public school students and their teachers with a $5,000 gift card to DonorsChoose.org:
1. Tonika H. of Long Beach, CA is another winning teacher in our sweepstakes and intends to support projects at Enterprise Middle School in Compton, California. Before winning she already had a couple of projects on DonorsChoose.org that she was hoping to get funded. In addition to completing these projects she hopes to be able to use her funds to help her sports teams get uniforms and arts and crafts get supplies.
2. Gary W. of Placerville, CA plans on supporting Rio Linda High School in Rio Linda, CA.
3. Stephanie C. of Memphis, TN would like to use her funds to help local High Poverty schools and English language learners..
4. Lise H. of Portland, OR intends helping MESA (Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Achievement) in Portland schools.
5. Stephen B. of Fayetteville, AR plans on funding projects in elementary/middle schools in the east side of his hometown of Springdale, Arkansas.
6. Jeffrey N. of Kingman, AZ is looking at supporting projects in the Kingman school district.
The other four lucky winners, pending confirmation of eligibility, are:
7. John S. of Seattle, WA
8. Albert T. of Norfolk, VA
9. Marie K. of San Jose, CA
10. Elizabeth B. of Muncie, IN
We drew and confirmed the following alternate winners when we didn’t receive responses from winners we had picked in week three. Daniel A. of South St Paul, MN plans on supporting schools in his local district. Dan J. of Jacksonville, FL is looking to support his child’s school, Beauclaire Elementary. Bonnie R. of Warwick, RI is going to support Cesar A Batalla school with a focus on autism projects. And finally Sepehr P. of Missouri City, TX plans on funding local mathematics and finance education projects.
DonorsChoose.org lets public school teachers from across the country request specific resources that will engage their students: paintbrushes, microscopes, xylophones – even soccer balls! To find out more about the projects in your local area visit www.donorschoose.org.
Bing Rewards members can enter as often as they’d like using the credits they earn by searching with Bing. To enter to win one of the $5,000 gift cards that remain, visit bing.com/rewards/redeem/win. Not a Bing Rewards member yet? It’s easy to start earning and redeeming today by visiting http://www.bingrewards.com and following the instructions to create a Bing Rewards account. You can find the sweepstakes Official Rules here. Good luck!
You can also follow @BingRewards on Twitter for the latest program news, extra ways to get rewarded and exclusive offers.
– Alex Danskin, Marketing Communication Manager, Bing
* No purchase necessary. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States + D.C. who are 13 years or older at the time of entry. Sweepstakes ends October 15, 2012 at 11:59 a.m. ET. Only one (1) gift code can be used per donor, and a maximum of one (1) code can be applied to projects from each teacher. Donations made using the prize code are not tax-deductible. Gift code cannot be used to purchase additional codes. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $5,000.