Everybody loves a good rivalry.
Whether it’s celebrities vying for an Oscar, artists competing for a Grammy, or presidential hopefuls stumping for the nomination, we all enjoy a good competition. That said, some races are more entertaining than others. According to a recent survey we conducted, nearly 70% of people said they are equally or more invested in the Grammys and Oscars than the race for the US presidency.
With that in mind, I’ve pulled together some tips to help you bone up on your favorite nominated celebrity, movie or album and make this year’s hottest races even more fun to watch:
- Plan a few fun nights. The best ways to learn about nominated movies and music can also be the most fun. Check out the lists of nominees and plan a few movie nights or listening parties with your friends to experience the hottest films and albums for yourself. Find movie times or concert listings near you with Bing Entertainment. Take note of your favorites and be ready to pick the winners on the big night based on first-hand knowledge.
- Research what’s already won – and place your bets. By the time the Academy Awards roll around, Hollywood has already hosted several other awards shows, including the Critics’ Choice Awards, SAG Awards and Golden Globes. Use Bing Entertainment to search nominees and see who’s already won – they could win again. Make the night even more exciting by hosting a party or organizing an office bracket to bet on winners.
- Catch up on latest gossip. Hollywood’s hottest couples often use awards shows as a fun date night out on the town, while new couples take advantage of the red carpet to step out together for the first time. Unplanned run-ins and new or unexpected couplings are always hot on the Hollywood radar. Bing Entertainment’s Celebrity Connections feature lets you see who’s connected to who, what stars are newly coupled or single, or who might have the most outrageous red carpet arrival this season.
- Get inspired by red carpet glamour. Look to the best dressed stars for fashion inspiration and brighten up the dreary winter by making red carpet trends part of your wardrobe.
- Substance over style. Those people more politically inclined can keep up with the hottest buzz in the 2012 presidential race. Bing News surfaces up-to-the-minute news coverage, including trending tweets to highlight what’s happening, so you can be constantly informed and ready for any race that interests you this year.
Whatever race interests you, researching in advance makes the experience more enjoyable. By spending a little time – and making it fun – you can impress your friends by mastering red carpet fashion trends, awards nominees or celebrity gossip.
May the best person win!
– Karin Muskopf, Bing