Despite lots of recent news coverage about the death of daily deal sites, people still love a great deal. The number of daily deal sites may be narrowing, but there are still over 300 sites to choose from and consumer interest shows no signs of slowing down. Comscore data reveals the deals audience grew by 24 percent in the past year, and according to a recent Bing/Impulse survey, 61% of people have increased their use of daily deals in the last six months.
However, people are overloaded with deals that aren’t relevant to them and nearly a quarter of the people surveyed said they are “fatigued” by the overabundance of deals. For some, the pain in finding an attractive deal is outweighing the reward.
But, people are telling us if they can end the unwelcome egg hunt, they would welcome the savings. When asked, 87% of people said they would increase their use of daily deals if they could find only deals that interest them all in one place.
Today, with the launch of Bing Deals, we’re doing just that.
Instead of building another program, we’re harnessing deals from major providers and retailers to help you cut through the clutter and find the best deals in one central location. Now you have a place to browse, find and purchase. Because we’ve done the work, all you have to do is go to bing.com/deals.
And this is just the beginning. More money-saving features will roll out over the coming weeks.
- One-Stop Shop: The new Bing Deals experience aggregates more than 200,000 deals across the US, including local deals, helping you easily match multiple deals to ensure you’re getting the best one. There is no need to browse hundreds of websites or sign-up for multiple emails. You can find the best deals on the web at Bing.com/deals.
- Browse for the Best Deals: Bing Deals cuts through the clutter by cleansing and organizing deals, so irrelevant deals are filtered out of your experience. You can browse by retailer, location, keywords or by category such as restaurants, spa services, arts & entertainment, and even nightlife to find exactly what you want quickly. If you’re not sure what you’re looking for, simply browse the top deals of the day to see if something sparks your interest!
- Visual Search Results: Because shopping is a visual experience and so is searching on Bing, your deal search results are visually organized on the screen to help you easily sort through your options and find the best deal based on what you’re looking for.
- Daily Deals: With one click, you’ll see the top daily deals featuring the very best offers in your metro area, with savings generally from 30%-50% off.
- More Deals on the Go. If you’ve been enjoying Bing Mobile Deals at m.bing.com, you’ll benefit from the same deals available on the PC.
Simply put – Bing is the one-stop shop for the best deals, discounts and coupons and this is just the beginning. You’ll see more deals and more features rolling out soon so stay tuned. For now, check out the following video to see it in action and visit www.bing.com/deals to experience it yourself.
– Lisa Gurry, Bing