While the economy appears to be looking up, people are still looking for new ways to save money and find the best deals. According to a recent Bing/Impulse Survey, nearly 50 percent of adults say they use more coupons today than they did a year ago. While we’re enjoying the savings, the number of deals out there can be overwhelming. Respondents to the survey cited a 47 percent surge in the use of local deals with companies like Living Social and Groupon. Coupons and deals offering discounts on local products and services are going gangbusters, with retailers and service providers now collectively offering hundreds of thousands of deals daily. In fact, 74 percent of survey respondents admitted they search multiple coupon sources each week, and a quarter of respondents claimed to spend up to an hour sifting through possible deals.
With many of us the verge of a possible “deals” overload, Bing’s mobile deals make it much easier to make local deal decisions, helping you save time and money. Bing mobile deals — available at m.bing.com — aggregates many of the Web’s hottest local deals, including deals from Groupon, LivingSocial and Tippr, giving you one-spot access to more than 200,000 local coupons in more than 14,000 cities in the U.S. You can search by daily deals, nearby deals, keywords or deals by category, such as restaurants, spa services, arts and entertainment, and even nightlife.
The Numbers Behind the Deals Craze
Everyone loves a good deal.
- Approximately half (47 percent) of adults surveyed said they use more local deals and coupons than last year.
People are struggling to manage their deals.
- Sixty-three percent of adults will search two to 10 different coupon sources every week, and 11 percent will search through more than 10 sources.
- Nearly 50 percent of adults surveyed will spend more than 15 minutes each week searching for deals, with almost one-quarter of adults surveyed spending between 30 and 60 minutes on the hunt.
Deals just might get you that second date.
- 90 percent of women said they would go on a second date with someone who paid for dinner with a coupon.
Vacation deals or bust.
- Nearly 80 percent of people said they were likely to pick their summer vacation destination based on whether they could find a deal or redeem a coupon to save money.
Moms live for good deals.
- 81 percent of moms will search multiple sources every week in their effort to find coupons and local deals.
- When it comes to moms versus women in general, moms are approximately twice as likely to search 10 or more coupon sources every week.
- Single moms lead the pack in frugality, with 96 percent saying they are “coupon believers,” compared with 92 percent of adults overall.
Bing mobile deals are available now at m.bing.com on iPhones or Androids. Check it out today to make your local deal hunting a whole lot easier!
Lisa Gurry, Director, Bing