We are nearly halfway through summer, and soon parents and students will start thinking about the all-important task of back-to-school shopping. We know many of you will be working hard to stretch your dollars this year so you can still get everything you or your family needs — and a few things you just really want. Bing is here to help! Knowing you’d probably rather not spend your waning summer days digging for deals inside the mall, we’re giving away not one, but SEVEN $500 Visa cash cards, each in cool Bing backpacks to help you get your back-to-school shopping done with just a bit less stress. The lucky winners can use their cash card to take care of all their back-to-school shopping – and what better place to find great deals than on Bing Shopping and Bing cashback!
Starting July 23 on Twitter, @bingcashback will be hosting a 7-day Bing cashback Twitter Sweepstakes. The contest runs each weekday until July 31. Each weekday, we will tweet a new Bing cashback- trivia question. Whoever @replies with the right answer within one hour becomes eligible to win.*
The answers to each of our trivia questions will be discoverable by using Bing, specifically Bing Shopping and Bing cashback. Each tweet will be marked with #cashbackpack so you can easily search and find our tweets and other back-to-school budget-minded shoppers, a.k.a. your competitors in this contest. To enter, reply to @bingcashback with your answer and tag your tweet with #cashbackpack.
Whether or not you participate or win, you can still take advantage of the savings from Bing cashback as you gear up for back-to-school. Check out hot deals on backpacks, school supplies, shoes, textbooks, laptops and more from top retailers, such as Barnes & Noble, Foot Locker, Overstock, HP and Sears. Click here to learn how you can search, shop and save with Bing cashback.
Mark your calendars! Don’t forget to start tracking #cashbackpack starting July 23 to win some moo-lah in a cool Bing backpack!
Anne Taylor Hartzell, Bing Evangelist
Not on Twitter yet? Sign up here and be sure to follow @bingcashback for your chance to win and get updates on the hottest Bing cashback deals.
* No purchase necessary. Open only to legal residents of the 50 US and DC 18+. See Official Rules for details below.
MICROSOFT FILL A BACKPACK WITH CASHBACK SWEEPSTAKES
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Microsoft “Fill a Backpack with Cashback” Sweepstakes promotion will operate (“Sweepstakes”).
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of this Sweepstakes. “You” refers to an eligible Sweepstakes entrant.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstakes starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on July 23, 2009, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on July 31, 2009 (“Entry Period”) and consists of 7 separate hour-long Prize Periods ; 1 Prize Period per weekday (Monday – Friday).
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
- You are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, and are 18 years of age or older; and
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is void outside the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
Once each weekday at randomly determined times, a Bing cashback related question will be posted via the Bing Cashback Twitter feed @bingcashback. To submit an eligible entry, you must respond via a “tweet” with the correct answer within 60 minutes from when the question was posted.
The tweet should reply to @bingcashback with the correct answer and tag #cashbackpack.
We will only accept one (1) entry per person per question per Prize Period. Non-winning entries will not be rolled over into subsequent Prize Periods; you must enter each drawing separately.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
- Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
- Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND PRIZES
At the close of each Prize Period one (1) winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received for each of the 7 Prize Periods to win a Grand Prize.
Limit one prize per person during each Entry Period.
(7) Grand Prizes: Each will win a $500 visa cash card and a Bing branded backpack. (Approximate Retail Value $558 ea)
Visa cash card subject to Visa terms and conditions. Some restrictions may apply. The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes: $3,906
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a direct message to you via Twitter to request your e-mail address, phone number, and mailing address (if any) within seven (7) days following completion of judging. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award to a runner-up.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the Twitter handle used to enter the Sweepstakes. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select a runner-up.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Sweepstakes:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
- You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we may award it to a runner up; and
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
- If you are otherwise eligible for this Sweepstakes, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
- Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS AM I AGREEING TO BY ENTERING?
By entering this Sweepstakes you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules; and
- To release and hold harmless Microsoft and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prize won; and
- That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Sweepstakes; and
- That, by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE SWEEPSTAKES CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Sweepstakes.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Sweepstakes, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHO WON?
We will post the names of winners who received a prize worth $25.00 or more online at http://www.bing.com/community/blogs/search/. This list will remain posted one month after July 31, 2009.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052