In February our friends from the Windows Live team announced plans to pilot a new feature unique to Hotmail called quick add. Today, we’re happy to announce that Bing – Microsoft’s new decision engine – will power Windows Live Hotmail quick add, allowing you to “Bing and Decide” from the comfort of your inbox.*
Hotmail’s quick add feature, now enhanced with Bing helps you easily search, find, and insert restaurant reviews, movie times, images, videos, maps and more straight into your e-mail messages.
(1) Click New to create a new e-mail message.
(2) Select a category from the Quick add pane on the right.
(3) Type what you want to find in the Bing search box.
(4) Click Insert on the Bing search result that you’d like to add to your message
Melissa Powell, Senior Product Manager, Bing
* Currently available in select languages and geographies (Australia, Canada, China, India, US, and UK)