Searching for Love? Or Just Love to Search?
On the bus home from work, Jim realizes it’s Valentine’s Day and he hasn’t prepared any dinner plans with his wife Katie! Instead of panicking, he pulls out his Windows Mobile device and opens Live Search for mobile.
He navigates the Categories list to Restaurants, then Ethnic Restaurants until he finds Italian Restaurants, Katie’s favorite food.
He scrolls through the results until he recognizes a place his buddy Frank recommended to him last week. Bringing up the details, he clicks one more time to call the restaurant and make reservations.
Just to be sure, he gets step-by-step driving directions to the place, and checks the traffic. By the time he gets home, he’s ready to surprise Katie with his plans for a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner!
If you’re looking for a romantic restaurant like Jim, or need to find the nearest florist on the go, download Live Search for mobile at http://wls.live.com (from your phone) and find the way to a loved one’s heart.
Version 1.0 Released
At the 3GSM World Congress in Barcelona, we announced the official release of our client application for Windows Mobile devices as well as compatible J2ME capable devices in the US and UK. You might have heard about the beta release back in November, but we’ve added some new features in addition to the great things you can already do.
· Category-based local searching -Search businesses and restaurants through our category system and save your thumbs from typing.
· Maps and Directions – Get maps of your area and directions to your destination. Hook up a GPS* unit to search around and track your current position.
· Traffic – View real-time traffic in selected US cities to save time and help plan your routes.
· New! Contacts list integration* – search for a contact’s address without typing it or save a business to your contacts to use again later.
· New! SMS a friend* – Send a text message with business’ address and phone number to your friends so they know where to meet you.
If you don’t have a compatible phone, try typing mobile.live.com/search into your phone’s browser. For those without data plans, you can always send a text message to 95483 (WLIVE) with your search query.
Learn more about Live Search for mobile.
Send us your feedback at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Darwin and the Mobile Search team
* Feature currently only available on Windows Mobile version.