Finally, MSN Search was visited by Channel 9 – the amazing MSDN Web site that brings the people of Microsoft to you in video. Erik Selberg and I joined Robert Scoble for a lively, hour-long discussion. Check out the video here.
We talk about:
- the neural network (see June 21 post), 01:30
- static versus dynamic rank (see our May 03 post), 04:00
- search engine optimization, 08:20
- the nature of relevance, 12:00
- index size (see Aug 29 Post), 17:00
- the 64 bit Windows infrastructure of MSN Search, 24:00
- Link based importance, 38:00
And lots more — check it out! BTW, in a small world moment, Erik and I worked together on software for psychology experiments when we attended Carnegie Mellon way back in 1990. We also shared a wall between our respective abodes, and… wait, those stories are for a different blog!
Andy Edmonds, Program Management