If you have looked at a Bing map in the last 24 hours you might have noticed a few new things about our road map style. So what did we change? Simply put, we made things easier to see.
Based on many phases of usability testing we’ve made dozens of changes to improve our base road map style. The result is a new style designed to communicate more important information at a glance.
Key changes include:
- Primary roadways are denoted in a more distinct color
- One way streets are more clearly marked
- Road shields are more visible
- Text labels are easier to read
- Traffic overlays are clearer and more defined
- Lots of other details to improve map readability
As the saying goes, pictures are worth thousands of word so we’ve put together this 8 panel image to go deep on all the changes.
Of course, you can also just go to Bing Maps right now and see it all for yourself!
The Bing Maps Team