Last year we introduced Bing Desktop which marries the beauty of Bing’s daily homepage images with a quick and convenient way to search from your desktop. Based on your feedback, we’re making the experience even better.
Today we are releasing a new version* which includes:
- Keep Tabs on Your Facebook Friends: Now Bing Desktop lets you check your news feed and friends’ photos without launching a browser.
- Faster Access to Bing: New option lets you search from Windows taskbar.
- Streamlined Customization: The options menu now let’s you customize Bing Desktop to best suit the way you search.
Let’s take a look at what’s new:
Keep Tabs on Facebook from Your Desktop: Now you can connect Bing Desktop to Facebook and enjoy updates without having to open your browser. In a few simple clicks, you can get friends’ latest updates including posts, comments and posts directly to your desktop.
Easy Customization for Faster Access to Bing: In addition to accessing the search bar from the top of your desktop, we are introducing three new ways you can customize Bing Desktop based on how you like to search.
1) The first option allows you to minimize to Windows Taskbar as a toolbar.
2) The second option allows you to set a keyboard shortcut so you can launch the search box with a few simple keystrokes*.
3) The third option lets you minimize the search bar to your systems tray.
Improved Personalization Features: We are also introducing new settings that allow you to choose which recent homepage image you would like displayed as your desktop wallpaper, control of your search history, the choice of whether Bing Desktop loads when Windows starts and more.
This update is available in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, India, China* and Japan. Download the experience here and let us know what you think.
– The Bing Team
*Available for Windows XP and higher.
**This feature is not available on Windows 8.
***Facebook integration is not available in CN.