Thanks to the 50 winners in our $250,000 Sweepstakes to Help Public Schools for choosing so many important and deserving schools across the country. Over 100,000 students have been helped and more than 1,000 public school projects have now been funded by their gift cards as well as by our Bing Rewards members who purchased our discounted DonorsChoose.org $5 gift cards. Twenty-three winners are still deciding how to spend their $5,000 gift cards, so these numbers are certain to rise. And while our sweepstakes ended on October 22, our Hot Deal on $5 gift cards continues through November 1, so Bing Rewards members can still donate to public school projects of their choice for only 99 credits.
In the final week of our sweepstakes, the winners drawn for an opportunity to help public school students and their teachers with a $5,000 gift card to DonorsChoose.org were:
1. Tiffany Z. of Keizer, OR who tells us she was smiling all day after learning of her win. She completed the funding of several school projects and is working with a local school in need to set up a project and fund it.
2. Jeremy M. of Brandon, FL who intends to support special needs projects in the Tampa area.
3. Skyler S. of Boulder, CO who is still determining projects she’d like to fund.
4. Brendan M. of Colonia, NJ who plans on supporting a local school.
5. Hassan, O. of Muscatine, IA
6. Bev S. of Toledo, OH
The other four lucky winners, pending confirmation of eligibility, are:
7. Hassan, O. of Muscatine, IA
8. Oni V. of Gaffney, SC
9. Matt D. of Littleton, CO
10. Marlen H. of Bellflower, CA
11. Lorraine L. of South Bend, IN
Breaking down the impact, to date the sweepstakes has helped more than 12,220 students and their teachers, and funded 133 projects, with twenty-three $5,000 DonorsChoose.org gift cards won still to be spent. The Hot Deal has had even broader results, reaching more than 90,609 students and supporting 970 projects.
DonorsChoose.org lets public school teachers from across the country request specific resources that will engage their students: paintbrushes, microscopes, xylophones – even soccer balls! To find out more about the projects in your local area visit www.donorschoose.org.
As mentioned earlier, Bing Rewards members can still purchase $5 DonorsChoose.org gift cards for 99 credits through November 1. Not a Bing Rewards member yet? It’s easy to start earning and redeeming today by visiting http://www.bingrewards.com and following the instructions to create a Bing Rewards account.
You can also follow @BingRewards on Twitter for the latest program news, extra ways to get rewarded and exclusive offers.
- Alex Danskin, Marketing Communication Manager, Bing