We’re over half way through our five week Bing Rewards $250,000 sweepstakes to help public schools. So far hundreds of teachers’ projects impacting thousands of students have been funded and there’s still $100,000 in funds to be won and given away! We’ve sent notification to the third set of ten winners (pending confirmation of eligibility). If your name isn’t listed below, there is time to enter to win by searching Bing and earning credits. Ten more winners are being drawn each week over the next two weeks, until we reach 50 winners!
These lucky winners will get the opportunity to help public school students and their teachers with a $5,000 gift card to DonorsChoose.org:
1. Phillip H. of Flintstone, GA intends to support projects at a public elementary school, Ellis Montesorri Academy, in Savannah, Georgia, to assist teachers in providing hands-on learning experiences, especially in science, math and language arts.
2. Katie Y. of Wauwatosa, WI plans on supporting Lowell P Goodrich Elementary School and Alliance High School, both located in Milwaukee, WI.
3. Sylvia K. of Fort Collins, CO would like to use her funds to support projects focused on math skills and improving fitness.
The other seven lucky winners, pending confirmation of eligibility, are:
4. Rudi H. of Grafton, NH
5. Tammy L. of Los Angeles, CA
6. Wesley G. of Fort Mill, SC
7. Sean L. of Loveland, CO
8. Howard H. of Cincinnati, OH
9. Nick K. of Kenosha, WI
We drew and confirmed the following three alternate winners when we didn’t receive responses from three of the winners we had picked in weeks one and two. David D. of Elizabeth City, NC is a substitute teacher and a sophomore majoring in Elementary Education. He wants to provide teachers with additional resources that will aid them in teaching their students. Danny T. of San Francisco, CA was another lucky winner and plans on using his funds locally to support Noriega Preschool. Finally, Roger E. of Canandaigua, NY plans on supporting a local elementary school.
DonorsChoose.org lets public school teachers from across the country request specific resources that will engage their students: paintbrushes, microscopes, xylophones – even soccer balls! To find out more about the projects in your local area visit www.donorschoose.org.
Bing Rewards members can enter as often as they’d like using the credits they earn by searching with Bing. Enter early and your entry gives you multiple chances to win – names not drawn in one week automatically get entered into the following week’s drawing.
To enter to win one of the $5,000 gift cards that remain, visit bing.com/rewards/redeem/win. Not a Bing Rewards member yet? It’s easy to start earning and redeeming today by visiting http://www.bingrewards.com and following the instructions to create a Bing Rewards account. You can find the sweepstakes Official Rules here. Good luck!
You can also follow @BingRewards on Twitter for the latest program news, extra ways to get rewarded and exclusive offers.
– Alex Danskin, Marketing Communication Manager, Bing
* No purchase necessary. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States + D.C. who are 13 years or older at the time of entry. Sweepstakes ends October 15, 2012 at 11:59 a.m. ET. Only one (1) gift code can be used per donor, and a maximum of one (1) code can be applied to projects from each teacher. Donations made using the prize code are not tax-deductible. Gift code cannot be used to purchase additional codes. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $5,000.