Many great projects have been funded since we launched our Bing Rewards $250,000 sweepstakes to help public schools. There’s still $150,000 in funds to be won and given away! We’ve sent notification to the second set of ten winners (pending confirmation of eligibility). If your name isn’t listed below, there is plenty of time to enter to win by searching Bing and earning credits. Ten more winners are being drawn each week over the next three weeks, until we reach 50 winners!
These lucky winners will get the opportunity to help public school students and their teachers with a $5,000 gift card to DonorsChoose.org:
1. Heather H. of Skandia, MI is our first teacher to win and she tells us she’s going to use her $5K gift card to support Gwinn Area Community Schools in Michigan.
2. Edward B. of Kirkland, WA plans on supporting schools locally as well as schools in his hometown of Phoenix, AZ.
3. Zach N. of Coffeyville, KS is looking to the school he went to in Coffeyville and the school his wife attended in Caney, KS.
4. Josh O. of Kennewick, WA wishes to support the music department at Kennewick High School in Washington, which he attended.
The other six lucky winners, pending confirmation of eligibility, are:
5. Mark C. San Francisco, CA
6. Doris A. Woonsocket, RI
7. Ebony P. Kansas City, MO
8. Jody J. Clarksville, TN
9. Yvonne W. Morristown, TN
10. Craig L. Live Oak, FL
We drew and confirmed two alternate winners when we didn’t receive responses from two of the original ten winners in week one. Marianna M. of New York, NY was one lucky member. She has already donated her gift card and was able to support 34 projects, reaching 3,128 students in total. Her funds went to schools in New York City that are below the poverty line and enabled the purchase of books, supplies, technology and more to students of all ages and in all subjects. The other lucky winner was Steven M. of Phoenix, AZ, who plans on supporting his nephew’s school in Michigan.
DonorsChoose.org lets public school teachers from across the country request specific resources that will engage their students: paintbrushes, microscopes, xylophones – even soccer balls! To find out more about the projects in your local area visit www.donorschoose.org.
Bing Rewards members can enter as often as they’d like using the credits they earn by searching with Bing. Enter early and your entry gives you multiple chances to win – names not drawn in one week automatically get entered into the following week’s drawing.
To enter to win one of the fifty $5,000 gift cards, visit bing.com/rewards/redeem/win. Not a Bing Rewards member yet? It’s easy to start earning and redeeming today by visiting http://www.bingrewards.com and following the instructions to create a Bing Rewards account. You can find the sweepstakes Official Rules here. Good luck!
You can also follow @BingRewards on Twitter for the latest program news, extra ways to get rewarded and exclusive offers.
- Alex Danskin, Marketing Communication Manager, Bing
* No purchase necessary. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States + D.C. who are 13 years or older at the time of entry. Sweepstakes ends October 15, 2012 at 11:59 a.m. ET. Only one (1) gift code can be used per donor, and a maximum of one (1) code can be applied to projects from each teacher. Donations made using the prize code are not tax-deductible. Gift code cannot be used to purchase additional codes. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $5,000.