Don’t like the native iPhone navigation application? Good. How about a little something with Bing Maps? Fullpower just had their iPhone application, MotionX-GPS Drive released into the Apple iStore and it is smokin’ hot!
The application has a ton of hot features including a base map using Bing Maps for visualizing location information. Check out the full list of navigational features:
- Driving Directions – Full step-by-step driving directions to navigate you to your destination.
- Walking Directions – Want to keep it green? Live in NYC? Use the walking directions feature to find your way.
- Familiar Search - Just type and search. With the advanced MotionX Find-N-Go™ technology, you can Find anything, anywhere and then just follow the directions. Driving or walking it’s that simple.
- Optimized Compass - any time know where your destination is, even if you parked your car a few blocks away, MotionX will take you right there. If you don’t have a 3GS yet, the compass also works with GPS motion sensing on the iPhone 3G.
- Address Book Integration - Integrated with iPhone address book quickly and easily reference navigation to friends
- iPod Integration – Access playlists and listen to your music, audiobooks, and podcasts while using MotionX.
- Phone Integration – Place a phone call directly from search results.
Optionally, you can access live voice directions from MotionX which comes with a full free 30 day Live Voice Guidance package. Courtesy of MotionX. Live Voice Guidance gives you access to:
- Live over-the-air maps and routing.
- MotionX 3D geospatial maps.
- Cached routes and maps for optimal performance.
- Simulation mode: See how to get there you before you go.
- Voice guidance, fully integrated with the iPod.
Read the press release here. I really have to give some props to Fullpower and Apple. Fullpowr built a really killer navigation application on Bing Maps. And, Apple allowed it into the iStore because as we all know competition sparks innovation. Who’s next?
CP – Follow me on Twitter @ChrisPendleton